Sunday, March 8, 2009

Maybe Today I Will Get Good News

The house I looked at last week fell through. The home inspection came back and there were alot of hidden issues that would have cost me a pile of money to fix. Since then I found another really nice house, (actually nicer than the last one) and it fits my shopping list alot more. The home inspection is this morning for this one. I am reeeeallly keeping my fingers crossed that the results are more positive. The advantage to this new house is that it is already empty, both upstairs and the basement apartment, so I can get all my painting done before I move in one piece of furniture! I'm trying hard not to get too excited, just in case I get let down by another failed home inspection. The waiting is KILLING ME!!! breathe Andrea.. breathe...... I should know something within the next 2-3 hours. Maybe today I will get good news. If I do, ooooooooooh have I got the perfect sewing studio!!!

It has been a while since I posted here, and I do apologize. But between house hunting, and work I haven't had much "me" time to sew or play here on the Internet.

I managed to get in some sewing time on Thursday night with our sewing group. I finished sewing all the rows together on my Crumb Quilt.

I think the Miss Mew liked the quilt. Next Thursday, I will start making my crumb borders. I decided to make that project my Thursday night project for the next little while.



This week I also plan to take up my Trapunto Quilt again. I haven't worked on it since January, as I had other projects to complete. I am anxious to get back to it again. I will post more photos of it later this week when I have something to show!

Yesterday I had my quilt class. My students are doing fabulous with their quilts! This weekend they have started sewing their blocks together to make the main quilt top! Here are a few photos of their quilts so far!

Madonna is sewing her blocks into rows.


Shirley is ready to start matching up the next row


These are Joanne's Pretty in Pink Blocks. Next week she says she will have her quilt top ready!


Well I am off again. I brought home some work to do over the weekend. The sooner I get that done, the sooner I can break out the sewing machine and the Trapunto blocks!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

3 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Sorry to hear about the other house. Let us know what happens with this house, okay? Love the pics of your students and their Irish
Chains!

Debbe said...

Good luck on getting this house!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed! I like the crumb quilt. And your kitten is so pretty!!!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Miss Mew is gorgeous and I love the crumb quilt! fingers crossed on your house.