Thursday, February 5, 2009

Still Quilting

I haven't forgotten to post here, just haven't had much of anything new to post about.

I am still working away on that Double Irish Chain quilt. I am past the halfway mark now to getting all the Celtic knot blocks quilted.

Once this quilt is finished, I hope to get back at some of my other projects that are put on hold. I really want to get back to working on my crumb quilt again and some BOMs that I want to do. I printed off the patterns for them today and yesterday, but I have to put them aside til the quilt I'm doing is done. I am hoping to have it finished in the next couple of weeks. I haven't had the chance to really do much sewing on it the last couple of days as my evenings have been filled with other things.

For instance, last night my friend, Simone (a fellow co-worker) and I attended a little Seafood cooking class that was offered at one of our local grocery stores. Every Wednesday the store offers cooking classes. Well we don't do the cooking, but we watch chef cook various recipes and we learn how it is made. We get to sample the food and then take home the recipes so we can make it again! Last night we got to enjoy bacon wrapped scallops in an Asian dipping sauce, homemade seafood chowder, and finally Shrimp Linguini in a curry sauce. It was all very tasty. We plan to take the next class on the 25th of the month when we will do a bit of French cooking!! Oui Oui Oui!!!

Tonight would have been our weekly sewing group night at Mum's place, but the weather is not that fit to be outside. We are having a crappy night of freezing rain and ice pellets. It is not the safest to be on the streets driving, so we called off the evening. This is the second Thursday night in a row we have missed now due to bad weather. The quilting gods are just not in our favour lately!

I have no new photos to post as I haven't been able to work on anything other than the Dbl Irish Chain. Hopefully I will post a progress photo by the weekend.
Also I will be teaching Saturday morning, so I just might take my camera along to show you the fabrics my students are using for their Double Irish Chain quilts!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

1 comment:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I'd love to see what your students are up to at the class on Saturday. I admire your discipline to just work on the Irish Chain quilt top until it's done. These BOMs that are out there are so irresistable LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog today :^)