Monday, February 9, 2009

The Weekend News

Before I start this post, I just want to say I am thinking of all those in Australia who are affected by the devastating fires. I have made many wonderful Aussie friends in blogland as well as other quilt related sites, and my heart is full of sadness from this terrible event. I cannot begin to imagine something like that happening here. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I mentioned some time ago that I started a Double Irish Chain quilt class on Saturdays. The course will run for 9 weeks in total. This past weekend was class number 2. I told them that we would be stripping in this class! Yeah, so ummm I got a few weird looks after that remark. It's fun to play with their heads sometimes, especially the newbies and they are not sure what I am talking about!!! Anyway, once they knew what I meant by "quilt stripping", I think they felt a little more relieved! LOL. Some of you messaged me that you were looking forward to some photos, well as promised, here are the first photos our their quilts.

Joanne is pretty in pink with her quilt! She is using three different shades of pink.



Getting ready to cut all her hard work of sewing all those strips together.


This is Shirley. She is keeping a close eye making sure she keeps her 1/4" seam allowance. She didn't have a 1/4" foot at the beginning of the class, but luckily her loving hubby went to the sewing shop to pick up a 1/4" foot and dropped it off to class. Shirley you got yourself one great hubby there!! Looks like he is a real keeper!

Here is a close up of her brand new foot! Needless to say she is one happy quilter now!

These are the colours in Shirley's quilt


This is Madonna. She is a new student this season. She has made many quilts before, but she informed me that this is her first time going by a pattern. I think she is going to do great!

These are her colours


Next week I will take a few more photos.

After class, Trevor and I had to go to a birthday party. Trevor's nephew Gavin turned 2 years old. He is such a little cutie, and a hard one to keep still to take a half decent photo. I kept my camera on for most of the afternoon to try to get a couple cute photos. Of the pile I took, here are two of my favourites

He was just walking along, stopped and decided to stick his tummy out! Silly little boy!

Gavin is a HUGE fan of Thomas Train. He is fascinated by trains. This is part of a large track he has belong to the Thomas Train. The train runs on a track that can go all over the room. The train is run by batteries, and Gavin adores it! He sets the train on one end of the track, then he runs to the other end, gets down on the floor on his belly and watches the train as it chugs by! He will do this for hours! His Mum says he has a track in the rec room that has alot more parts to it. One of these days we will go over to see him play with the full track.


Well I am off to try to get a few more celtic knots quilted on my own Double Irish Chain. I am anxious to get back at my other projects now. I love free motion quilting this quilt, but lately it is all I have been doing. I have to complete it before the middle of March, as Trevor's Father is giving it to his wife for their anniversary. I am hoping to get it done in the next couple of weeks.

So off I go. Hmmm perhaps I should make myself an Irish Coffee as I sew along to get me in the mood!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

No comments: