Monday, October 19, 2009

I Am Slowly Going Crazy

So that is pretty much how my weekend started! To begin, Saturday morning I started with teaching my Sampler Class that I teach here in my home. One of the two blocks taught that day was the Crazy Patch block. I figured, hmmm the best way to really learn how to make this block is to demonstrate by making one myself.. Welllll that one block ended up turning into 12 15" x 15" blocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep I told you I was going crazy! I decided I would make up a crazy patch winter themed lap quilt. The main focal fabric has all kinds of different colourful mittens on it! I have the blocks made, I now have to sit down and machine embroider all the pretty stitches with my embroidery threads. I think I will do that on Thursday night.


I will use all these crumbs another time for a Christmas/winter quilt!


On Sunday I managed to both play in the kitchen and play in my sewing room. With the help of two kitchen timers, set up by my sewing table, I managed to make 2 chocolate zucchini cakes, one loaf of raisin/oatmeal bread, classic potatoes au gratin, and a tuna casserole. While things were cooking and baking I cut the remaining 3 Christmas tree skirts and started the initial assembly of them and I cut out 8 sets of binding for the 8 tree skirts I'm going to sell this year.





Tonight, I had my kitchen timer set up again while another loaf of bread was baking. This time I made a cracked wheat loaf. I think I'll make a dried cranberry/almond bread tomorrow evening. So while the bread was doing it's thing in the machine I managed to bind the remaining 2 of the 4 pumpkin/rooster placemat set I am keeping for myself AND I started quilting the first tree skirt.



WHEW!!!!!!! I'm poooped and I think with that I am going to call it a night!

Tomorrow I will try to finish quilting 2 tree skirts.

Til Next Time

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

3 comments:

Marj said...

I'm worn out just reading about what you did. I guess you got on a roll and couldn't stop.LOL It must be that cool crisp air of winter getting to you.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

You're busy girl! I'd love to know more about the dried cranberry/almond bread, sounds so delicious...

limpingalong said...

Such a busy lady! I seem to be getting slower and slower!