Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Autumn Signs

I have to say that Autumn is one of my favourite times of the year. But the one thing I don't like about it is that the evening closes in so fast. It is not even 7:30pm here and already it is almost dark. Not the mention it seems as though overnight the temperature turned colder. Each morning I get up for work, I check the weather temperatures to give me an idea of what to wear. Today the high was to be 10 degrees celcius!! oooh I am not ready for the cool weather. This afternoon as I walked home from work there was a soft sprinkling of rain, but it was chilly. By the time I make it home some of that rain is actual hail!!!!!!!! I mean REALLY!! Not yet people!!!! I am just not ready for the cold right now.

The meatballs I made last night were a hit for tonight's supper. I hope to make a new recipe this weekend when I head down to Mum's place for a few days. This time I want to try out a new Slow Cooker recipe. I love my slow cooker especially during the colder months and I love to make lots of yummy stews. I chose a chicken recipe. If everything goes well I will post the recipe and a photo.

So now that supper is done and cleaned up and I took a little cat nap. It is now time to haul out my sewing gear again for another productive evening. Tonight I will start quilting the other Christmas tree skirt I have layered and ready to go. I should have that quilted within an hour. I then will get the bindings ready for the two skirts and sew those on. If time permits after that, I will try to complete the little Halloween dolls I am making for a swap I am doing through www.quiltingboard.com I have them made and clothed, I just need to finish the accessories before I send them to their two new homes next week. I will take photos soon, but I won't be able to post them until they arrive at their new homes. Right now it is a surprise as I know there are a few of my friends from that site that read my blog and I would hate to spoil anything should one of them be one who receive their halloween doll from me. Once I receive mine, I will post those too.

I think I mentioned briefly before that I teach quilting. Today I had to submit the courses I plan to teach for the Winter and Spring session at the local community centre I work with. I know I mentioned to my students on Monday night of my new blog, so I hope some of you had a chance to find my blog here and will follow along. I have two full size quilts starting January and two more starting in April. More to come in the following months about that, so stay tuned! One of the quilts in January will be a beginner/easy quilt, while the other will be more intermediate. The two in April will also be intermediate, but by then some of you will have completed a few of my classes and will like to try your hand at something more challenging. I look forward to seeing you in my future classes!

Well I'm off to do a bit of quilting. I am not sure if I will get to post anything here for the next day or so as I don't have access to the Internet at Mum's place. I am heading down there tomorrow night as Mum and I have a little social sewing/quilting group tht meet every Thursday night. All together there are five of us that get together to work on our projects. We have been sewing in this little social group for the last five years now and just love it! Tomorrow night I will try to complete the top of my mystery quilt. I just have to sew the rows together now and add the border.

Til next time!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, have also enjoyed reading yours. I love meeting people from all over, hope your classes go well and I will try your meatball receipe.

cheers
Christine