Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy Weekend

Wow, what a busy few days! Sorry I couldn't post anything for a while, but when I go down to my Mother's she doesn't have a computer, so let alone the Internet.

Thursday night I had a good productive night working away on my mystery quilt I was making. I now have the blocks sewn and made into a quilt top. This afternoon I am going back down to Mum's to spend the day sewing with her. (Trevor is working all this week). I plan to put the border on this quilt and the top will then be done. I hope to get it layered and quilted before Christmas if all goes well. As you can see I have a little Assistant named Missy (or Miss Mew for short). She loves to inspect every quilt I make. She is not too amused though when I need to work on the piece she is lying on and has to move. Just before I took this photo she was sprawled right out on the quilt bathing herself. I was hoping to get a photo of her doing this, but wasn't fast enough. She doesn't look too amused.



I also pulled the fabrics from my stash for two table runners. One of these runners I will be teaching in November. The second one is another mystery I joined up for through www.quiltingboard.com Here is a photo of the fabrics I'll be using.

I am also going to try out a new slow cooker recipe today. I haven't used my slow cooker for months as I don't use it that much during the summer. I tend to play with it more in the cooler months. If this chicken recipe turns out good, I will be posting it here!

I also plan to post some photos of my students soon. They are doing such a wonderful job with their quilts.

Til Next Time!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

1 comment:

Cathi said...

Miss Mew is adorable!! Kitty approval of any quilt is so important. :-)