Monday, September 22, 2008

The Start of Another Week

Nothing too exciting to talk about today as it is Monday and that means back to the “real” job, my Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30 job. I would much prefer to be home sewing happily away on my pile of UFOs that one day I’m afraid will topple over and bury me. Ahh but if that happens at least I will die with a smile on my face!!! But I have come to the conclusion as I’m sure most of my fellow quilters have as well that I can’t die until all my projects are completed, and the rate I am going I’m figuring I’ll be at least 120 years old!!! Has anyone ever made a list of all the UFOs they have to work on? I am only 36 so I have lots of quilting ahead of me!!!

One of my favourite sites to go to is www.quiltersboard.com It is a wonderful quilting forum with so many talented and friendly men and women. Not to mention along with their amazing creativity, you couldn’t ask for a more beautiful group of friends. I have made such wonderful friendships with these people. They are kind, supportive, creative, crazy (at times, but nothing a bit of chocolate and more fabric won’t cure) and full of so many ideas! I highly recommend all of you (if you are not already) to join this special group of quilters. I promise you, you will be happy you did!

So on this site, one lady came up with a UFO challenge. She suggested to those who were interested to try and get to work on your UFOs and complete as many as you can before the end of the year. Of course I had to count myself in to this challenge. I then had to decide what UFOs to pick and complete. I came up with two I would love to complete. I would love to finish more, but I do have to be realistic too as Christmas is only a few months away (in fact only 6 more pay cheques away… yep I counted) I need to complete more Christmas gifts and work on the projects I want to teach in the new year.

UFO #1 to complete: The “Orange Crush” Mystery Quilt from Bonnie’s www.quiltville.com Another FABULOUS, addictive and inspiring website to check out! I made all the blocks for this quilt back in early summer, but haven’t had the chance to make them into the actual quilt. I am happy to report I have started sewing all the blocks into rows. The rows are made and now ready to sew together!

UFO #2 to complete: I want to get back at the crumb quilt I started making back in the Spring. I thought I would get back at that one tonight when I teach my class. Once the girls are settled away, know the next step they have to do with their 4-posies kaleidoscope quilt and are happily sewing away, I will take out my little featherweight machine and start on my 7” square crumbs. I have about 45 made now, and I want to make another 15 to give me 60 crumbs to put into a quilt. Maybe if I get real excited I’ll make more. It won’t surprise me as crumb blocks are so fun to make!

I will keep you posted how my UFO challenges progress. I will post photos of them soon too!

Well I suppose I should get back to the grind of that ‘day’ job. Only one more hour left to the day. The afternoon break is over. Sigh……….. just another hour to go and then I can get ready to play at my ‘fun’ job of teaching!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

No comments: