Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Productive Day!

I have to say I was on a good roll this weekend with completing projects and getting a little baking and making jam!

Today I managed to finish another Christmas gift. I have one more to finish and all I need is another hour or so to complete the binding and that one is done! I actually even managed to get three more rows of my crumb quilt sewn up.

Last night I mentioned how today we had our Secret Santa gift opening on www.quiltingboard.com well this is what my Secret Santa gave me!

The fat quarters are very pretty. I will have to find something really nice to make out of these. The snowman card actually plays the song "Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives


I love snowmen!!! This little darling measures about 12" high. I will have to find a nice spot to play him over the holidays


I will eventually make this panel into a wallhanging to put up to the summer cabin.


I haven't heard from the girl I was a Secret Sister to, so hopefully her little gift arrived safe and sound.

I was involved in another Secret Santa swap, but I haven't received any parcel yet. Once I do, I will certainly share with you all what I received.

So I woke up this morning, looked out the window to a winter wonderland. There wasn't much snow down, and I thought I would take a little walk this afternoon to take some photos. After lunch the rain began and it hasn't stopped. In fact, the rain has got alot heavier. We have been getting so much rain here lately. It seems all it ever does these days is rain. Last Saturday over 90 millimetres of rain fell. Trevor's sister and husband had close to $20,000 in damage to to their basement. His Brother in Law went to his waist in water. All their kid's Christmas gifts were hidden down there too. There was a lot of flooding everywhere. The rate this rain keeps coming down we are going to have a green Christmas this year.

Well it's back to work in the morning, so I best be heading on to bed.

Til Next Time! :)

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

1 comment:

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh no Christmas Flooding! That's the worst, a couple of Christmas's ago one of my hidding places flooded and everything hidden there was water damaged (puzzles of all things). Hopefully they were able to save somethings?

Have a good time putting up the tree, but don't push yourself to hard. Given enough sleep Trevor can help. ;)