Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas One And All!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day yesterday. I think this was the busiest one I had in I can't remember how long! Growing up as an only child, I didn't experience alot of the whole sibling Christmas of everyone opening their gifts all at one time and the noise and happy screams of excited children all at once. Mind you I did do a bit of my own shouting during my childhood over some amazing gifts my parents and Santa gave me :)

Trevor and I got up around 8:30 that morning, brewed up some coffee then sat down to open our gifts to one another. He gave me a gorgeous watch, Guitar Hero guitar and the World Tour game for the Play Station 3 (yep I have a little bit of rocker wanna be in me )!!! LOL. He also gave me a beautiful black wrap around blouse, the movie Moulin Rouge, some chocolate and smelly stuff for my bath and much more!







ooh while taking these photos a moment ago I took a little photo of Trevor playing one of his PS3 games and relaxing on the couch


After we unwrapped our own gifts, we got ourselves ready then headed to his Sister's home for Turkey Dinner #1. It was delicious. From there we exchanged more gifts. Trevor got a gift certificate from American Eagle (one of his favourite clothing stores), and I got a gorgeous blue and brown bowl for my kitchen and pretty pair of brown knit gloves. By 3:30 that afternoon we were off to his parent's home where more gift exhanging went on, and the grandkids opened their gifts. His parents gave me a huge tin filled with chocolates, truffles, shortbread cookies and more!! whew I'm gonna be fat by the end of the holidays LOL

Then from there we headed to Mum's place for Turkey Dinner #2 !!! Whew.. by the end of that meal I felt like I was stuffed like a turkey!!! Then, yep that's right, more gift giving! Mum and I normally spoil each other crazy over Christmas. Even Trevor was amazed over how many gifts we had for one another!

Mum is not one to get her photo taken so Trevor had to sneak a few photos in... so those of you that know Mum.. shhhhh don't tell her we got some photos!!! Here are a few photos of us opening our gifts. I will take more soon as most of the gifts are still down to Mum's place. We are going down there again for supper this evening, so I will try to get a few more pictures.


Mum gave me a gorgeous 3/4 length tweed coat. She also gave me a beautiful shirt and jacket set for work. Mum has great taste in the clothes I love and she knows all my favourite shops!! She and I have such wonderful times shopping together! We can't WAIT for the sales after Christmas to come!


Again, Mum hates her photo taken, so she hid behind her knew jacket I gave her!


Me by the tree, stuffed from two big turkey dinners!


In my stocking I got this great machine quilting book


We give each other a recipe book every year, this is the one this year all on meat and wine! ooh and these gorgeous spreaders came from my friend Marsha. THANK YOU!! I also love the coffee cup sleeve you made me. We had a great laugh over that one! I'll post a photo soon!


I especially love this stocking stuffer and it will be going in my future sewing room for sure!


Well I wanted to post a few photos of our day yesterday. I will post more over the next few days! I have to go get ready for another great meal down to Mum's.

Until Next Time!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

No comments: