Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cake Decorating and a Contest for New Recipe Blog Name

This week’s cake decorating class was a real success!! Not only was I able to fully clothe my cake, but I think I did a pretty darn good job decorating my little masterpiece too!!! This week we learned out to pipe clown bodies! Here is the result!!





Tonight we cut into the cake after our Thursday night sewing/quilting girls have finished working on their projects this evening. We usually sew from 7:30 – 10pm. We complete the evening with tea and dessert

I think I will tackle completing my “bling” wallhanging this evening. All that is left is to tack down the rod pocket and attach the binding.

This weekend I am hoping to start cutting out the tree skirts I plan to sell this season. I have the fabrics for 8 skirts pulled and ready to cut.

I am hoping next month to purchase my Janome 350E embroidery machine that I have been drooling over the last year or so. For the last 3 years I have saving up all my $1 loonies, $2 toonies and other loose change to go towards my machine. I also put some of my teaching money towards the cause as well. From my last count it looks like I have enough to get my early Christmas gift to ME!!!! Once I have my little darling in it’s new home, I will start hunting down Christmas embroidery designs and make up other gifts for the holidays. I also have a few ideas up my sleeve on some things I could make up and sell with the machine too. I might start looking on eBay (another weakness of mine) for some stabilizers and threads.

Take a look at the wonderful spread on fresh veggies Trevor’s friend gave us this week! His buddy is a recreational farmer who lives no far from us. This weekend I hope to put some of this to use. I will make up a few more zucchini quiches and a few more loaves of Chocolate zucchini cake. I also plan to make my coconut curry butternut squash soup. I’m thinking another day in the kitchen is in order this weekend. Let’s hope Alexi is on her good behaviour this time round!



We began harvesting our fresh herbs this week too. Here are my mint leaves and oregano leaves drying. I made a really nice mint/lemon chicken recipe the other day using fresh mint before drying. It was really yummy, although next time I'll go easy on the lemon juice. I'll post that recipe soon.

I was wondering if anyone out there might know what type of squash this yellow one is? It is just a bit bigger than a cantaloupe, but I have no idea what to do with it. Also I am not sure what to do with this other little green pumpkin. Any suggestions out there???

Speaking of food, I have had a several emails from some of my blogging friends asking how they can access my recipes easier. I have decided to set up another blog and link it to this one. If all goes well, I might try to tackle this new blog over the weekend. I will keep you posted when the new food blog is live and ready. I will copy what recipes I do have on this site and post them to the recipe blog. Hmmm now I need to come up with a name for my blog. I need ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have I thought!!!

Blog Naming Contest And Giveaway!!!

As an incentive to help me with this new name, anyone who posts a name suggestion between now and Sunday, I will draw a name from these suggestions. The person who comes up with the best name for my new blog will receive a little pressie from me!!!!! I will close the contest this Sunday, Sept. 27th at 8pm Newfoundland time. I will post the winner next week. Good Luck!

Til Next Time

Quiltingly Yours

Andrea

6 comments:

Mandy said...

"Scoffin' it up at Comfort Cove"

or just "Scoff at Comfort Cove" I realize that Scoff in Comfort Cove is proper however, it wouldn't be cheeky NL without it an impromptu at thrown in there.

Nothing says NL like a scoff... I was trying to work in something about quilting but I thought that if it's a food blog then you don't need that... and comfort cove ties it together...

Hopefully you'll come up with something cool!

Shelly said...

Aggies Edibles
Lexi Says Yummy
Comfort Cove Culinary
Edibly Yours

Charlee said...

How about something like "In the Interest of Eating"?

CindyB said...

Foody Good! I can't wait to see your new blog.

debby said...

Comfort Yummies

What's cookin' at Comfort Cove

Yummies at Comfort Cove

Yummies for your Tummy

I think I'm stuck on the work Yummy. lol

I'll come back if I think of anything else. :-)

Unknown said...

Yummies for your tummies! Works for me.
Oh and the cake does look yummy by the way. You are in leaps and bounds improving....I want a piece .