Thursday, September 3, 2009

I’m Becoming The Queen of Procrastination!!!!

I can’t believe I haven’t posted to my blog in a month!!!! Holy Crabcakes!!! Has my life become so busy lately??? I find when I get home I’m quickly changing out of work clothes, taking the dog for a walk, making supper, checking emails, and then.. well then it seems there is always something else to be done that keeps me from sewing or all the other things I want to be doing!! I decided perhaps since I am usually in to work about a half hour earlier on some days since Trevor works earlier than I, I can sit at my desk with my cup of Joe and my raisin toast with cheese whiz and write to my blog. I can save it to my portable hard drive or email it to myself, head to blogspot, copy and paste my thread and then just add the photos!!! Viola!!!! I am not a morning person by any means, but by the time I get to work and the coffee is poured and the toast is ready, I like to sit at my desk and for a few minutes just plan my day from morning to evening.

I think another reason is due to us having such a fabulous warm and sunny summer this year and spending as much time as I possibly can out on my patio deck. I love being out there amongst all the flowers I’ve grown this year. I am also very excited to see my herbs doing so well, and the tomatoes are getting big and plump. Although they are still green they are going to be nice and tasty come harvest time. This is also my first year growing zucchini. I’m starting to finally see some beginning to grow in the flower box. My Sunflowers are doing well this year and getting very tall. I can just see the little bud where the flower will be and I can’t wait to see them soon. I just love sunflowers. Next year I will try to grow them earlier again so they can grow taller and I can grow more. I think they would look very pretty in the front of my house.







With the evenings closing in a little faster, I am finding myself playing in my sewing room a little more. I am currently working on my making panel curtains with grommets for my living/dining room windows. I have never in my life made lined curtains before at this size and I have to say it has been a learning experience! There is soooo much measuring and cutting and measuring again, then pinning, then pressing, then basting, then re-measuring and THEN sewing! I have to say for any of you out there that sews drapes and curtains for a living, you do not get the respect and recognition you truly deserve!!!!!!!!!!!! I am enjoying making these curtains, don’t get me wrong, but I will be happy when they are finally completed and hung!!!

I am also working on the Sampler quilt that I will be teaching this Fall season. Registration started last week at the H.G.R. Mews Center here in St. John’s . For those of you out in blog land who live in the St. John’s , NL area, if you are a resident of St. John’s , you can register now for all courses including mine! If you live outside the St. John’s area, registration for you will be this Thursday, September 3rd. My course this year will be offered through the Shea Heights Community Center Tuesday evenings, 7-10pm starting September 15th. I went by that facility over the summer and was very impressed with the size of the room and it has a lot of potential for students to have a lot of room to work on their projects.

If however, you find that you are unable to make the class on Tuesday nights, I am also offering this course privately in my home Saturday mornings 9:30am – 12:30pm. There is very limited seating so it is on a first come first serve basis. If you wish to get further information, please don’t hesitate to send me an email at comfortcovedesigns.yahoo.ca.

Here are a couple block teasers!!





With the cooler temperatures not far along I will also be spending more time playing and experimenting in the kitchen. Over the last couple of weeks I have been sitting in my kitchen while cooking supper and looking over my recipe books, making plans for some good food! Speaking of food!! I am taking a cake decorating class next week! Our local Michaels Craft store offers various levels of the Wilton cake decorating. I am taking Level I next Wednesday. It will run for 4 weeks, at which time I will register for the next course in October. I can’t WAIT to start!

Well I should probably end here and get some work done. But I really wanted to post today because I didn’t’ want anyone to think I disappeared or went into hibernation!!! Again with the evenings closing in, and the temperatures cooling down, I will be inside more and getting back sewing more regularly.

Quiltingly Yours

Andrea

2 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Hey stranger! Glad you're enjoying summer weather cuz we didn't get any here in the Prairies...Winter will be here soon enough for you to be back sewing and blogging up a storm!

limpingalong said...

WOW, you have been busy! We've had a HOT, DRY summer, which did not lend itself to sitting outside. Seems to be cooling a bit now, however, so perhaps that will change.