Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Is It a Crime.....

to have this much fun????? I have gone into full blown nursery designing/decorating mode and I'm stupidly happy with it all!!!!!! In my last post I showed you all photos of the room getting started and the valance I made for the window. Well over the last two days while at work the furniture was painted! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in LOVE with how it is turning out!!! Look at this GORGEOUS blue!!!!!!!!! I put the striped fabric next to it tonight and it is PERFECT!! This weekend I will start cutting out the runners for the two bureaus and the nightstand.





Just when I thought I was excited over the room so far, it got a little more crazy!!!! Trevor and I wanted to have a nice wallhanging to hang on the far wall, as that is where we plan to put the crib. So I did a bit of searching and blogging and searching some more and this is what we came up with!! JUNGLE BOOGIE from Fat Cat Patterns!! It is 54" square and it will be the perfect size for that wall!!! I got soooo excited I downloaded and printed off the entire pattern yesterday. After supper last night I got into my fabric stash and my bins of scraps and began pulling fabrics for each animal.







I couldn't WAIT to get home today from work and start putting together the first animal. Of the 8 animals I think the giraffe is my favourite, so of course I had to make him first! This is what I have got done so far!



This block alone is 16 1/2" x 30 1/2"!!!! I hated to stop appliqueing him tonight. It's a shame I have to work in the morning, I would much prefer to stay home making my Jungle Boogie wallhanging for my little boy!

On another note, I managed to trace out three more sewing motif embroidery blocks to prep for stitching last night after I pulled the fabrics for the animal safari wallhanging. These little embroidery blocks are the perfect size to take to work with me and stitch over my lunch break.



I also managed to get in Recipe #2 for this week in for supper last night. I made this FABULOUS Cheddar Chicken Broccoli casserole! My friend Mandy shared this recipe with me a week or so ago after I posted about my latest Kitchen Day. Mandy THANK YOU for a WONDERFUL and delicious supper! I had enough left over to freeze for another meal plus some extra for lunch today!!! This will be a regular meal in this house from now on!!!! She posted this recipe in my comments section of my Kitchen Day post, but I would like to post it here too should anyone be interested in trying this one out themselves! Mandy since you posted it already here on my blog comments, I hope you are okay with me posting it here too!!! :) The only difference I did with the recipe is cut up the chicken into smaller pieces.

Cheddar Chicken Broccoli Casserole


2-3 chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 can cream of broccoli soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
salt/pepper to taste (I don't normally add salt to mine.... I prefer to cut out salt in some things I cook)
2 soup cans of milk
2 cups penne or rotini (whatever you have on hand)
3 cloves garlic chopped
large bag of broccoli florets
2 cups of shredded cheese of your choice. (I used the pre-shredded cheddar/mozza mixture from KRAFT)

Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the chicken pieces. Add 2 cloves of garlic and pepper to taste.

Boil the pasta until al dente.

In a large bowl, combine the two soups, milk and remaining one clove of chopped garlic. Mix well. Add the chicken and mix. Drain the pasta and add to the chicken/soup mixture. Mix well.
Pour this mixture into a large casserole dish. Cover in cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until cheese is bubbling.

Mandy tells me this recipe freezes well. Like I said earlier, I had alot left over and put some into a container to freeze for a later date. I don't say it will be in my freezer too long as it tasted AMAZING!!!

I received my swap partner's name for the Winter Swap I'm involved in. I started playing around with some ideas in my head tonight and I think I want to play with my embroidery machine with this little project!!!

Well that's all for now! The temperatures are going to plummet to -25 degrees celcius tonight with the windchill. Me thinks I'll be adding an extra quilt or two to the bed tonight!
For those of you who are also braving and hibernating this winter season stay warm.. For those of you further south and enjoying a nice sunny warm summer.. please think of us and blow some of that warm weather our way!!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

2 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Holy Cow Andrea! I'm catching up on my blog reading and you've been a very busy girl this last while!
Love the striped fabric for W's nursery. And the animal quilt is so cute! Fat Cat has some nice designs.
I'm thinking of recipes to share as I type this...

Mandy said...

Wow! It's been a long time since I visited! I'm so glad that you loved this recipe. I loved ordering the broccoli chicken penne from Pizza Delight so I tried to re-create it and this was as close as I got.

We love it too! Andrew often requests this one... and now that we're home for a while his parents and sister love it too!