Thursday, February 18, 2010

Making Progress

I have to say, this week has been a productive one when it comes to the nursery. I now have two more animals machine appliqued, which means I have 3 more left to complete for the Jungle Boogie wallhanging. Let me introduce you to "Rocky the Rhino"



and "Melvin the Monkey". I worked on Melvin tonight. I just love his whimsy look!



I also managed to get the two remaining bureau runners made and machine binded. I hope to complete the hand binding on them before the weekend is over. I also have one more side left to hand bind to complete the baby quilt I made for my little boy.

Mum was working on machine quilting the quilt she is making for her new grandson as well. She managed to get almost the whole thing quilted. She only has to finish quilting the borders and then she too is ready for the binding.





Wednesday night we put the crib together and placed the furniture in the best way possible to make as much space as possible for the room. I didn't want to show any photos yet until I had the runners on the bureaus and night table. Stay tuned!!!

Beside the nursery I did finish two more sewing motif embroidery blocks I was working on. Here are the results! I will start the next one tomorrow over my lunch hour at work.





This is going to be a busy weekend. I have an aunt's birthday party to attend on Saturday afternoon and then my friend Crystal and I are meeting here at the house to spend all Sunday scrapbooking. I pulled a number of photos from the family album that I want to scrap. I just need to sit down and choose the papers and embellishments before Sunday so I can have a good productive scrapping day!

Tomorrow we are forecasted for another snow storm. It is highly unlikely that my office will close down. We rarely do. Sigh..... it would have made for a great sew/snow day.. I will just have to wait until tomorrow evening to start cutting out another baby quilt for another friend who is due to have their baby not far from my due date. The fun just never ends around here LOL....

Til Next Time

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Andrea you have been very busy...your animal blocks are lovely..