Friday, April 8, 2011

Crumb Quilt Update and Other Stories

The Crumb quilt is now machine binded!!! woooo hoooooooooooo!!! All the left over threads on the back of the quilt are also now trimmed off and tucked away within the layers of the quilt. All that is left is to hand stitch down the other side of the binding and remove all the basting threads. I'm already coming up with ideas on the next big scrappy quilt I want to make!!!! I have a number of designs I want to do, I just need to narrow it down to the one I want to do first.

Tonight I did a bit of clean up and tidying up of my sewing room and work space. I need to make it look a bit more sane before picking up the next project I want to complete. I set about making a short list of projects I want to complete or get started on before the month is out. I also have 2 more birthday parties to attend from William's playgroup, plus organize his own for the end of the month. I can't believe my little boy will be 1 year old April 29th!!!!! It is amazing just how fast this past year went!!!

We took him to get his first hair cut at the barber shop on Thursday afternoon. Because he is so active and wiggly, I had to sit in the chair with him to get his hair done. God love the fella who did his hair. What patience!!!!


(Before shot. I miss those cute little wispy hairs... unfortunately they were getting down into his eyes.)





My little boy has lost that little baby hair look and looks like a real little boy now. The baby is starting to go... sigh.... sooo sad. Afterward, we went up to the shopping mall food court and celebrated his big haircut day with Tim Horton Timbit donuts!!!! Needless to say he enjoyed his first chocolate Timbit!!!

Tonight I got a little head start on Scrap Saturday. I managed to get the first two rows of blocks sewn together.



I will work on that quilt top again Saturday evening after William is gone to bed. My goal for this weekend is to get as much of that quilt top completed as I can.

While I worked away in my sewing room, I also warmed up my ole Embroidery machine and stitched out this little darling.



It has given me an idea of what I want to do for a mug rug swap I'm involved in this month. I need to have that little project completed and mailed out before the middle of the month. My days are getting numbered, so I better get my mojo going.

Well it is just after midnight, my tea is almost gone and I need to get some shut eye. William and I have a birthday party to go to in the afternoon. Before we go there, I need to run to a card shop to pick up a birthday card and then off to Fabricville as I want to get some more polar fleece to make a couple bunting bags for William. The two I have now are starting to get too small for him. I still don't want him to sleep with a blanket overnight as he moves so much from one end of his crib to the other. At least with these bunting bags, he is still keep cozy and warm and he doesn't get caught up in a blanket.

Good Night. I hope to post again Saturday evening to show you the results of my Scrap Saturday evening.

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

5 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

congrats on finishing the crumb cake!

love the embroidery

Scrappy quilter said...

Your little one is so cute. Your scrappy quilt is looking great.

Katherine said...

Oh, love the embroidery, too!

Seeing your little guy mark this milestone makes me wistfully remember my sons' first haircut. They do grow up so fast!

Anonymous said...

Am loving the look of the green scrap quilt - are you able to share the pattern for that? Crumb quilt looks fantastic! Well done you! Kiwi Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I love how your greens are looking. You know that's my favorite color. I loved the pictures of the first haircut. You did better than I did. I cried as the little curls fell on the floor that first time. Love that embroidered machine!