Sunday, November 2, 2008

Resting and Relaxing

It has been a few very busy days for me and so I haven't had a chance to post anything here lately. I haven't even had the chance to read some of my favourite blogs lately. I am face and eyes into my tree skirts as I want them completed by mid November. I counted what skirt tops I have left to layer and quilt and I have only 4 more to go. I plan to layer another two today.

Along with the skirts, I also managed to machine bind the Christmas mystery table runner, so I will slip stitch the other side in place this evening. I hope to post a photo of that one sometime this week. I love how it turned out.

Lately I can't seem to stop getting involved in more mysteries! I found another mystery to do this week. This time its a Thanksgiving Table Runner. Although here in Canada our Thanksgiving has come and gone, I still want to make it and I'll have it ready for next year. There were three installments posted when I came across it, so I printed each one at a time so not to spoil the mystery. I have all three parts done and I think the next installment comes out on Tuesday. I can't WAIT!

I never did get back to my crumb quilt as I had hoped to on Thursday night past at my sewing group, instead I pulled fabrics for the Thanksgiving mystery runner, made a little signature block for a friend online who is having a baby this month. All her online quilting friends are each making a block for her to make a little baby quilt when ever she gets the chance to make it. We are also having an online baby shower for her. We will be sending our gifts to her and she will open them at a set date in our chat room.

Well I will be taking off for now as Trevor suggested we go out for breakfast this morning. Every now and then we love to get up on a Sunday morning and go out to breakfast. I will post more photos soon!

Have a great quilting day this Sunday!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

No comments: