Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bit of Sewing.. Bit of Food

I promised a few days ago that I would post some recipes, but a few things came up and I just never got the chance to get back to my computer. In fact I haven't touched my computer in a few days... OMG!!!!!! no Internet in DAYS!!!!!!!! No blogging in DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! Not reading up on my peeps BLOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh....................... I've missed you all!!!!!

So here are the recipes and a little photo of the Salmon and the Orzo I made.



Salmon Fillets with Creamy Dill (Serving of 4)... (I downsized the recipe for only two fillets)

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup prepared mustard
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chopped fresh basil leaves
1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
2 tsp dried dill, or to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)

In a bowl, stir together mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the thyme, oregano, and basil. Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet, and spread with the mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with dill weed.

Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the salmon is easily flaked with a fork.

Orzo with Parmesan and Basil

2 Tbsp butter
1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
pepper to taste

Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.

Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.

Mix in parmesan cheese and basil. Season with pepper to taste. Serve.

ENJOY!!!


One of my favourite online recipe websites is www.allrecipes.com. I found both of these recipes at this site.

During the last few days and weekend, I did get to do a bit of sewing. I think I mentioned that I have all my green blocks made. I put them into rows to make up the quilt top the other night, but it wasn't until after I had them set up into rows and then off the floor did I remember I should have taken a photo!!!!! I'm not sure how much sewing I will get to do on this quilt this weekend as William and I have TWO birthday parties to go to. Most of our playgroup friends have birthdays in April. It is going to be a busy month!!!! Hopefully in the evenings when William is put to bed for the night, I will try to sew the rows to the green quilt together.

I did finish the two bunting bags I mentioned the other I made for my friend's baby shower. Now that she has been given the gift, I can now post them here for you to see what I did.






(I now need to make a couple bigger sized ones for William. I will embroider frogs on his as he loves frogs)!

I also decided to take out my crumb quilt to get a start on the first border. I have one side of the first border completed. I will probably work on this quilt for the next few evenings as I really want to see this quilt quilted.









OOOH and one more thing!!!! I treated myself to a brand new cell phone! I got the HTC Android Desire and oooooooooooooooooooooh its pretty!!!!!!!!!



I haven't had the phone 24 hours yet, so I am still learning to use all its features. However, the guy at the cell phone kiosk who sold me the phone did a very very bad thing. He told me about this application called "Angry Birds"... He NEVER EVER should have told me that!!! I'm now addicted to slingshotting birds across the sky to knock now glass and wood and bricks to knock out ugly green snorting pig faces..... sigh............... I was playing it from 11pm - 12:30am last night!!!!! Oohhhh dear what have I got myself into.. well on a positive note, it will make the wait times at doctor's offices or other places easier to pass the time!!!! LOL

If the Angry Birds don't keep me awake at night too long, or take over my sewing I'll be okay. And hopefully those Angry Birds won't keep me too long from posting again lol

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Have fun with your phone.
Those recipes sure do sound and look yummy.
Cute little bags too.

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend I've got an HTC phone too! Love it. Can't wait to see your green blocks and hoping you will share the pattern! v Kiwi Hugs

blauraute said...

Your quilt is so beautiful. I'm very intrested to see it finish. William is so cute.
Have a nice week
Roswitha

scraphappy said...

I've tried to avoid the angry birds, but my sister was showing me how it works on the i-pad. Fortunately the free version for that only has a few levels, so there isn't much chance of getting addicted.
The embroidery on those buntings is just so adorable. What a lovely and personal gift.

Mandy said...

ANGRY BIRDS hahahaahhaha! I love it too... Andrew has it on his phone :)

He also has an Android thing but his isn't HTC.