Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mauzy Days

I can't believe how warm it has been here the last few days. Although it is overcast and we have had a bit of fog, it is really warm and somewhat sticky! I went to work this morning wearing my black Fall coat as it was drizzley rain and fog, but it was warm. This afternoon when I left the office for the day, I decided to walk down to the shopping mall down from my office and the sun was out in one end of the city and foggy in the other. Needless to say I didn't wear the coat on such a nice day.

No trouble to know it was Pay Day. I decided to treat myself to a couple of new dressy jeans (that need hemming.. and oooooooooooh how I hate hemming), and a new blue casual top.

When I came home, I decided to get back to my sewing again. I put supper in the oven and decided on what to work on tonight. I mentioned some time ago how I am doing another mystery online, well this one is a table runner. I posted a photo of my fabric choices. Well I worked on that runner til about 11:00 last night. I should be up to date with the instructions in another hour time. I am soooo enjoying this runner and don't think I can wait til next Tuesday for the next step!!! I will post the photos of what I have done later this evening.

I am also planning to start cutting out the Christmas table runner I plan to teach in November. I heard the dryer go off a few moments ago, so the last of my fabrics are washed and dried and ready to be cut!

Tomorrow night is the sewing group down to Mum's place. I think I will get back to working on my crumb quilt. I still have many crumb blocks to make before assembling them into some kind of design. My students have seen me making these blocks last week, and they too are getting in on the fun by donating to me their little extra pieces they have no interest in keeping.. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I also know a couple of you are keeping your little pieces as it seems I have inspired you to make one of these quilts for yourself. One gal is going to make one using Christmas prints.. hmmmmmmmmmmm you got me thinking now that I would like to make one with those prints too!! ooh there is just not enough hours in a day to get in all the things I want to create!!!!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

No comments: