Saturday, February 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew In and Scrap Saturday Update

Between last night and tonight I managed to get the red strippy quilt rows sewn together to make the main part of the quilt as well as get the first narrow white tone on tone border on.


(this is without the first white border)

I am now working on making a 2" strippy red border.





Once that border is on I'll put on a 4" white tone on tone border and the top will be complete.

I left my sewing room early this evening (9:30) to start up a game of Monopoly with Trevor.



I can't remember the last time I played that game!!! Last month we took a Sunday afternoon and spent a little time at Chapters. The three of us go there from time to get to grab a coffee (well William brings his own little milk and snack along) and we like to just relax and meander around the aisles of books and magazines. Normally I come out of it with either a quilt or recipe book/magazine. Trevor decided to pick up this monopoly game. He remembers having it when he was a kid but hasn't played it in ages. I too can't remember the last time I played the game. So tonight, I guess you can say Trevor and I are having a 'mini date' here at home. The wine bottle is opened and I can hear Trevor out in the dining room now taking the plastic wrap off the game box!

So without further ado, its off to kick Trevor's butt in Monopoly!!! LOL (although knowing how my track record is for games, its a very good chance .. make that GREAT chance, he will whip my butt in the game)!!! LOL Of course, you know what game piece I'll be using... yep that's right The Thimble!!!! :)

Tomorrow afternoon I mentioned to Trevor I wanted a few hours baby free to go back to play in my sewing room. I really am determined to complete the red strippy quilt top before the weekend is through!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

11 comments:

Kathy said...

You are doing well to have so many blocks already!

Anita said...

The quilt is coming out lovely. Have a great date night! :D

Angie said...

great project with scraps! another successful FNSI.

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt and the way you are doing the border. Mostly, I love that you interrupted what you were doing to have a game date with Trevor. Making memories.

Scrap - Happy Quilter (Ila) said...

I love how your top is coming together! Can't wait to see the borders on! We like playing Monopoly at our house also!

QuiltNut Creations said...

loving your red stripe quilt; can't wait to see it with the striped border.

Quilter Kathy said...

Sure hope you won Monopoly! Lovely red quilt...doesn't it feel great to use up all these scraps?!?

Anonymous said...

Are you offering any quilting courses?

Nicole said...

Happy Monopoly playing! I hope you are able to buy a quilt store on it. lol
You did great on your blocks.

Melissa said...

Your quilt is looking great! My hubby and I love to play games together. One of his favorites is Monopoly, but we don't play it often because he ALWAYS wins and it takes a long time to really finish a game. Hope y'all had a wonderful time!

Lori Holt said...

Did you win?...
We love Monopoly at our house too.
Mr. Honey and I sometimes play board games on date night too.
Love your red quilt!
xx
lori