Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Winter!!!!!!! GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

I'm officially SICK of winter now!!! I'm SICK of shoveling, SICK of snowfalls and SICK of all this incredibly high wind!!!!!!!!! We have winds as high as 125km/hr here tonight!!!!! I have a collection of candles and flashlights and matches all set and ready should we lose our power. The lights flickered a little bit earlier this evening, but stayed on. WHEW!! Glad of that since I had my embroidery machine working away and me working away on the Hot Chocolate Snowman bom block. I finished him tonight. I was determined to finish him this week. I hope to start the next snowman next week.



Here are two of the samples I played with tonight on my embroidery machine. I love coffee theme stuff!!! These are from the same collection of designs that I made my mug mats from last month.



Ohhh, btw, I wanted to share with you some GORGEOUS embroidery threads I won over on Susan's blog!!!! She had a giveway last month and I won!!!!!!! I NEVER win anything so I am soooooo excited about these threads!! I can't WAIT to play with them!




(don't they look delicious!!!!)

Tomorrow night my plan of attack is to work a bit on my red strippy block lap quilt that I am doing as part of the Rainbow Stash Challenge. I didn't get to play with my red fabrics for Scrap Saturday last weekend as William was sick with a cold. Speaking of, William is starting to come round. He still has a few sniffles and a bit of a cough, but he is getting back to his ole self again.


(He survived his first cold!!! My runny nose little boy is a real trooper)!!!


Meanwhile, I , on the otherhand, appear to be coming down with his cold. I have been dealing with a really bad sore throat the last two days. Tonight being a bit worse than last night. The last time I had a cold was 1 1/2 years ago. It was the week before halloween and I was pregnant on Will thinking I couldn't take any cold meds. Tonight I am popping a couple pills and hopefully it might give me a good night sleep. I don't wanna be sick. I have too much to do!!!!!!!!! Sigh.....

Well on that note, I'm off to get on my nice warm polor fleece jammies, throwing a dog on the bed and then burying down under my quilts on this cold and WINDY night. Sweet Dreams out there in blogland!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

2 comments:

Patchmaker said...

I hear ya! I'm soooo sick of winter too . . . and we don't get the winds you get. Love the chocolate snowmen blocks!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great picture of your little one. I love your hot chocolate snowman! The threads look great on your blog. Much better than on mine.