Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend Strip Club!!!

And with the swing of her hips... she started to STRIP!!! ... To tremendous applause she took off her drawers... ummmmm okay let's stop there... I don't wish to upset my readers!!! So yes, I spent my weekend evenings stripping... well sewing strips that is.... lots and lots of red strips!



I finally made all 36 sets of strippy blocks.



I plan to cut them all to 6 1/2 inches tonight. Once that is done I will cut out 36 white tone on tone squares to sew between each strippy block. I think the white will really bring the red out! The white TOT blocks will also give me a chance to do some free motion quilting too!!!

I have to say I really made a great cut in all those strips I cut out earlier this week. There are only a small handful left in fact!



I'll hang on to them for a little longer in case another idea comes to me before the end of the month...oooh oooh!!! how about a Valentine's mug mat!!!! I just remembered I was given a piece of Valentine's fabric a few years ago and had no idea what to do with it!

So I tried that new breakfast recipe I spoke about in my last blog. I made French Toast with crispy Prosciutto. The French toast was tasty but I got to say frying up the Proscuitto made it very very VERY salty!!! I love prosciutto especially with smoked salmon and cream cheese, but not fried. I will post the recipe here below should you decide to make it yourself. You can certainly omit the prosciutto and just have the French Toast.

French Toast with Crispy Prosciutto
(From the book "Breakfast" by Jody Vassallo)



3 Tbsp whipping cream
3 eggs
3 Tbsp superfine sugar
pinch cinnamon
8 thick slices of bread, cut in half diagonally
1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
12 slices prosciutto (I used 8)
maple syrup, to serve (optional)

Combine the cream, eggs, sugar, and cinnamon in a wide, shallow bowl and mix together. Soak the bread in the egg mixture, one slice at a time, shaking off any excess.

Melt half the butter in a skillet, add 3 or 4 slices of bread in a single layer, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Cook the remaining bread in batches, adding more butter as needed, and keeping the cooked slices warm in the oven.

Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add the prosciutto, and fry until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Place the prosciutto on top of the French toast and serve. Drizzle with maple syrup, if using.

Tonight I am making my homemade bbq burgers



with homemade baked French Fries and yummy seasonings.



mmmmm the fries are smelling good already. Well the indoor bbq grill is warmed up and ready for the patties. I'm off again!! Once supper is over and baby is bathed and settled back to bed I will be back in my sewing room with my music on a stripping away!!! Will post tomorrow with my results!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

No comments: