Thursday, January 20, 2011

Calm Blue Ocean... CALM BLUE OCEAN!!!! sigh

I would have stayed in my sewing room longer tonight but my sewing machine decided she wanted to be a drama queen and take a hissy fit!!! Every now and then my machine likes to throw a tantrum over the combination of thread and fabrics she is sewing. Well tonight, as I was working on the blue square in square blocks she would get sooky at the end of each solid square where two small solid blues overlap. The thread would break and she would try to suck the fabric down into the hole. I changed the needle twice, changed the threads, and finally did a good thorough maintenance cleanup to the machine.

Apparently, tonight she preferred the lighter polyester type of thread instead of the heavier 100% cotton threads I buy from Connecting Threads. By this time I was just getting too tired to continue sewing. Tomorrow I will hopefully be in a better mood (well more like my sewing machine be in the better mood) to get back to the blocks. I really want to get this quilt top made by the end of the weekend.

I am also planning to get involved with the Friday Night Sew In this year. I have already signed up for tomorrow night. I will more than likely be working on my blue lap quilt. I also am still trying to decide whether to use my blue quilt for the Saturday Scrap Challenge or make up something smaller.

On another note, I think I mentioned last week that we were going to get our family portrait done. Last Saturday we did just that. One of the Mommies in the playgroup I am involved with is an amazing and talented photographer!!! We went to her house for a photo shoot. Here are some of the photos she took!




















During playgroup yesterday Jeannine mentioned to all of us that she is in the process of building herself a website. Once she has her site available I will share it here so you can see how good she is!!!

Well that's it for now... I'm off to look for some new blogs to read and perhaps follow! I love to do that as it is sooo nice to see what other quilters are working on! It is a great form of inspiration!! There is a huge list of bloggers at the Friday Night Sew In blog I would love to read. So I'm off to see what others are working on!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

1 comment:

Anita said...

Argh, that would make me crazy. Bad sewing machine! Bad!!
The photos are adorable, my favorite is where it's just your wee one with your legs. Too cute.