Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!!

Wow!!! 2011 is here!!! 2010 was a blur it seemed! I swear the years go faster and faster as each year passes! If only things could just slow down a bit. But then I suppose that is life.

When I look back on 2010 and all it brought to me, I have to say it was a very rough and hard year. I think the only one good thing that happened last year was the birth of Sweet William. Since Christmas of 2009 I was sick through the rest of my pregnancy and then very sick after the pregnancy; then two major surgeries in October. Health wise it was not easy. Please God 2011 will be a more healthy year for me.

Being a first time Mom, I have to truthfully say the first year is BRUTAL raising a baby! But saying that I don't complain. When I see that little face smiling at me from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed it is well worth the work. It is a 24-7 job and the most demanding job I have ever experienced but I also have to say it has been the most rewarding too! And I know there are sooooooooooooo many more wonderful years ahead of me with this little boy!!!

So here we are in the first few days of 2011 and I know many people make resolutions for the new year ahead of them. However I never really believed in resolutions but more like goals to obtain. Resolutions always seem to get broken and they only seem to work in that first month! LOL.

Every January 1st I take out my project book and begin to write down the goals I want to complete for the new year. My project book consists mostly of quilting/sewing projects, scrapbooking ideas, and projects I would like to do for the house.

The first list I start is the quilting/sewing projects for the year. I only started the list and I know I have a ton more things I want to add. In the coming week I hope to write out my new list to share with you here on my blog. Stay tuned!

This year I also plan to reorganize my recipe collection and make it a little more manageable and user friendly. I started taking out the big brown envelopes filled with various cut out recipes and sifting through those picking out ones I still want to try and others I know I will never do. Once that is completed I place them in binders under various foods, ie: beef, chicken, vegetables, desserts, etc. I want to make my binders fun and colourful so I plan to break out my scrapbooking papers and have some fun! I also received 7 new recipe books this Christmas and I can't WAIT to dive into those! Mum gave me 6 of those books with each one representing a different place in the world. They consist of: Italian, Indian, Sushi, Greek, Mediterranean and Thai. I already tried out a new pasta dish from the Italian book and it was to DIE for!! I'll post the recipe soon!




(yep already started with the post it notes of things I want to try)


(another recipe book as well as two new novels)

Despite being very sick last year, I did manage to make alot of my Christmas gifts. I also started making my gifts before William was born as I knew when he came along my time would be a little more limited. Now that Christmas is pretty much over and everyone received their gifts, here are some photos of the gifts I made!


(Apron and potholder set I made for Trevor's Mum)


(machine embroidered bath wrap and homemade socks for a friend)


(sewing machine cover for one of our Wednesday night sewing friends)


(Sewing machine cover, pin cushion and tidy bag for my Aunt Elsie who also sews with us on Wednesday nights)


(Puppy Dog neck roll I made for our play group's Secret Santa. I also machine embroidered the little boy's name on the back of the dog)!


(close up of the apron I made for Trevor's Sister)

I have to say it was a wonderful Christmas this year with William as part of our little family. Christmas will be so much more fun when it is seen through the eyes of a child! I can't wait to see what next Christmas will bring with our Sweet William! In the meantime, here are a few photos of William's first Christmas!








(Me and the kids)!!!

I will post more of some gifts I received shortly. It's after midnight here now and I'm ready to head off to bed for a bit.

Until Next Time!

Quiltingly Yours
Andrea

1 comment:

Mandy said...

My goodness Andrea! I just read through your last few posts and I have to say, I'll be saying a few prayers for you and your health! I'm so happy to hear you're on the mend. I've heard of the Wipple procedure before and that's pretty scary stuff. I'm glad that our health care system has helped somebody for once :)

Take Care!!!!